Ampt Electric - Your Smartest Choice in Atlanta

At Ampt Electric, we specialize in electrical repairs and service. If you need an electrician in Atlanta to repair your lights, outlets, breakers, or GFCI devices, we are the electrical company to choose. Our electricians also install new recessed lighting and flat screen TVs, upgrade electrical panels, and add outlets and switches. If you have a home inspection report or punch list, we can take care of that for you as well. Need a hook up for your RV or security cameras installed on the outside of your house? We do it all with a positive attitude and your satisfaction as our #1 priority.

Ampt Electric offers quality residential and commercial electrical service that is fast, reliable and clean. Our electricians can trouble shoot, install, replace, or repair anything in your home or office. Need an electrician? Don't get shocked by high prices, get AMPT! We get the job done.

Remodel

Lighting

Multimedia 

Explore our gallery to for lighting inspirations in your home or office.  Let our lighting consultants help you decide the perfect lighting design for your space.

Ampt Electric puts an emphasis on safety. According to the National Fire Protection Association, fixed wiring, faulty lamps and old light fixures are the leading causes of eletrical-related house fires. The fact that most of your houses wiring is hidden inside walls means that many electrical hazards aren't addressed until it's too late. Fortunately, many times there are warning signs and being able to recognize them is important knowledge every home owner should have. Check out these helpful tips. If anything sounds familiar, give us a call and Ampt will be at your door. We will perform a licensed professional electrical inspection and discover those hidden wiring hazards before it's too late!

Frequent Circuit Trips

If you have a circuit that trips fairly often, there’s a good chance it’s overloaded (the power demands on the circuit exceed its safe capacity), or there could be a short or fault somewhere in the wiring run or on any devices connected to the circuit.

Dimming or Flickering Lights

Dimming lights are another common indication of circuit overload or improper wiring. Flickering lights can result from damaged fixture wiring, a problem with the switch or a fault somewhere. In older homes with 60-amp service panels, underpowered fixtures and appliances may indicate that the household system is being overtaxed and should be upgraded.

Humming or Charred Outlets and Switches

Outlets and switches are never supposed to buzz, and their faces or coverplates should never be hot to the touch. These are clear warning signs and should be inspected immediately.  It is normal for most dimmer switches and coverplates to be warm, but they should not be hot.

“Live” Appliances

If touching an appliance, cord or plug gives you a zing or even a mild buzzing sensation, unplug it and have it checked out. Same goes with buzzing light fixtures.

Smell Something Burning?

Even the faintest scent of overheated plastic can be a big warning sign. If you can’t find the source of a burning smell, whether it’s in a room or next to an appliance, assume that wiring is a possible culprit.

Damaged or Worn Insulation

Without completely intact insulation, electrical wiring is extremely dangerous. Frayed, cut or burned insulation on any wire is a serious hazard. Also, cable splices should always occur inside an approved junction box.

Funny Wiring

Stories of DIYers using extension cords for circuit wiring are not unheard of. It happens, and it’s the equivalent of using a garden hose for water-supply pipes. If you find inappropriate wiring anywhere in your house, assume the worst; it’s time for a complete inspection.

Overrated Circuit

If you’re in your service panel and see a 20-amp (or larger) breaker or fuse on a standard lighting/receptacle circuit, it could be that someone has “fixed” a trip-prone circuit by installing a larger breaker than the circuit wiring is designed for. Standard circuits are 15 amps and should have a 15-amp breaker; a 20-amp breaker will allow overloads without tripping, heating the circuit wires and possibly causing a fire. 20-amp receptacle circuits are common in kitchens and garages, while 15 amps is standard for most other rooms.

Inspection is the Best Defense

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends an electrical inspection of your home every 10 to 40 years, if you’ve added substantial new loads (such as high-wattage appliances) or if you detect any warning signs of wiring problems. Call Ampt Electric for professional, licensed and insured electrical service you can trust.

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© Ampt Electric